Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Regular polish gel mani?

So I'd heard that it could be done, and let's be honest, there's several reasons someone like me wouldn't even want to try gel polish. 

1: Longevity. 
I NEED to do my nails often, and can't usually make it more than 2-3 days before needing a change. Lol 
2: When you already own _____  bottles of polish, do you REALLY want to buy more of the same colors in gel form? (No for me!) 

However, I have a vacation coming up, and I don't want to carry polish or do my nails while I'm there (shocker, I know) so I figured I'd test out the Sally Hansen gel topcoat and LED light now to see if it worked. 

So I did this mani (which I LOVED and might just re-do for my trip) using BearPawlish "Breakfast Club" 
Orly "Mirrorball" 
Black acrylic paint 
And Superchic Marvel Topcoat (the best ever, this is not a debate)


Then I let it dry overnight ( the key is that it HAS TO BE COMPLETELY DRY) 
And painted a VERY thin coat of Sally Hansen gel topcoat (the kind that works with LED light)  being very careful not to get it on my skin or cuticles, and cured it. I used the Sally Hansen light, which has an automatic shut-off, but I believe it's 20-30 seconds. 

After curing, it will feel a bit sticky, so you'll need to wipe it off with alcohol and a lint free cloth (I use a makeup wedge) 

It lasted a full week (before I couldn't take it anymore and had to take it off! Lol) 

Here's the after: 
I just removed it with regular acetone and a cotton ball, just hold it on your nail for a minute, and it comes right off. Easier than glitter polish! 


No comments:

Post a Comment